Easy peanut butter chicken recipe with Thai peanut sauce served over rice and with a side of broccoli. This one pan chicken is a sweet and spicy easy dinner you can cook in less than 30 minutes!
Easy Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe with Thai Peanut Sauce
Looking for a quick and delicious meal that the whole family will love? This Easy Peanut Butter Chicken recipe with Thai peanut sauce is the perfect solution.
In under 30 minutes, you can create a mouthwatering dish that combines the rich flavors of peanut butter, coconut milk, and a touch of spice. Serve it over a bed of jasmine or white rice, garnished with fresh clementine zest and parsley, and complemented by a side of steamed broccoli.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. Enjoy your homemade Easy Peanut Butter Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce! Let’s dive into the details of this simple and delightful recipe.
Peanut Butter Chicken Ingredients
Before we begin, gather the following ingredients:
- sesame oil (substitute for extra virgin olive oil if you prefer)
- minced garlic
- fresh ginger
- boneless chicken breasts
- coconut milk (canned is what I use)
- creamy peanut butter
- soy sauce
- 1 clementine
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- jasmine or white rice
See and print the entire recipe below. Our recipe box allows you to change the amount of ingredients based on how many people you are feeding.
Recommended Kitchen Tools for this Recipe:
Instructions for Making Easy Peanut Butter Chicken
- Heat the Sesame Oil: Start by heating 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. The sesame oil will add a delicious nutty flavor to your dish and ensure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Sauté Chicken, Garlic, and Ginger: Once the oil is hot, add the bite-sized chicken pieces, minced garlic, and fresh ginger to the pan. Cook and stir them in the hot oil until the chicken turns a light brown color, which should take about 5 minutes. The garlic and ginger will infuse the chicken with fantastic flavors.
- Add Peanut Butter, Coconut Milk, and Soy Sauce: Reduce the heat to medium, and it’s time to add the stars of our show – creamy peanut butter, coconut milk, and soy sauce. These ingredients are the foundation of your Thai peanut sauce, bringing a rich and creamy texture to the dish. Stir them into the chicken and aromatics.
- Citrus Zing with Clementine: Squeeze the juice from the clementine into the pan. The sweet and tangy clementine juice will balance the savory and nutty flavors. Don’t forget to save the clementine peel for zest garnish later.
- Spice It Up: To kick up the flavor, add 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Adjust the spice level to your preference by adding more or less of the red pepper flakes.
- Finish Cooking: Continue to cook and stir the mixture until the chicken is fully cooked, which should take another 5 minutes. This is the stage where the magic happens, as the sauce thickens and coats the chicken pieces, creating a delectable Thai peanut sauce.
- Serve and Garnish: Spoon the peanut butter chicken over a bed of cooked jasmine or white rice. For a burst of fresh flavor, garnish the dish with clementine zest and some fresh parsley. The clementine zest adds a lovely citrus aroma to the meal, while the parsley adds a touch of freshness.
- Side of Broccoli: This dish pairs wonderfully with steamed broccoli. If your family is fond of vegetables, consider cooking the broccoli directly in the pan with the sauce. Simply add broccoli florets when you include the sauce, and they’ll soak up the delicious flavors as they steam.
This Easy Peanut Butter Chicken recipe with Thai peanut sauce is a fantastic addition to your weeknight dinner repertoire. It’s quick, easy, and bursting with flavors that will satisfy both the adults and kids in your family. With minimal effort, you can create a dish that looks and tastes like it’s straight from a restaurant, right in the comfort of your home.
Why not surprise your loved ones with this sweet and spicy delight tonight? Serve it over a generous portion of rice, garnish it with clementine zest and parsley, and don’t forget to include a side of broccoli for a balanced meal.
Easy Peanut Butter Chicken
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clementine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or white rice
- Fresh parsley for garish
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet or wok over high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken, garlic, and ginger in hot oil until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat, add peanut butter, coconut milk, and soy sauce.
- Squeeze the juice from the clementine, then add black and red pepper. Save the clementine peel for zest garish.
- Continue to cook, stirring until chicken is fully cooked. About another 5 minutes.
- Service chicken over rice.
- Garnish with clementine zest and parsley.