Last updated on August 29th, 2017 at 08:58 pm
Crispy Oven Baked Pesto Chicken Roll Ups are easy to make chicken rolls recipe filled with pesto and cream cheese, baked until golden brown!
These Oven Baked Pesto Chicken Roll Ups are addicting!
I love pesto sauce, especially with chicken! This simple recipe for crispy oven baked pesto chicken roll ups is perfect for any weeknight dinner or party. Pair the pesto chicken rolls with your favorite salad, rice and roasted asparagus, then watch your family devour it all.
My family loves this easy dinner idea!
Mixing two of my favorite ingredients together is delicious! Just a few spoonfuls of pesto, cream cheese and cracked pepper adds a fresh and creamy flavor to the chicken rolls. It also helps keep the chicken moist while baking.
After spreading the cream cheese and pesto mixture on the chicken breasts, I like to roll my chicken, then dip into breadcrumbs and bake.
For a quick side, asparagus is wonderful drizzled in olive oil and tossed in sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast it in the oven at the same time your chicken is cooking for a perfect meal.
If you have picky kids like me, just make the chicken rolls with no pesto and cream cheese sauce. Your picky eaters will be happy to eat fancy chicken rolled nuggets.
Enjoy these Crispy Oven Baked Pesto Chicken Roll Ups, and if you have more great chicken recipe ideas, let me know in the comments. Thanks!
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl.
- place wax paper or foil over one chicken breast on a plate and beat with a rolling pin to thin even more.
- Spread a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on the chicken breast and roll it up.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Place bead crumbs in a dish.
- Use a spoon to rub some egg on the chicken roll
- Gently place the chicken roll in the breadcrumbs dish and cover entirely with the crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Add a toothpick in the middle to hold the chicken roll together.
- Repeat until all chicken breasts are in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
You might also like this twist on chicken rolls.