This is my week for Mother’s Day fun! So, I asked my super crafty friend, Cathe Holden if she could come up with a Free Printable for you all and of course, she WAY out did herself once again! This cute message box tutorial will rock your socks off! Now I have to find time to make it:-)
Thanks for sharing Cathe. We always love your creativity!! Be sure a leave some comment love below and visit her cool blog for more fun ideas.
DIY Free Printable Message Box Tutorial – By Cathe Holden
I worked on a project for my mom and made a tutorial to share with you, and in keeping with spirit of freebies, I have created one of the designs with the fabulous free vintage wallpaper graphics of a another blog-friend, Karen, The Graphics Fairy!
This gift box creation will be filled with many little notes reminding my Mom why I love her so much and the little things that she has done in my life that mattered.
I designed this box to fit business card size notes. You can use the designs provided, or utilize the blank template for use with scrapbook paper, or any other paper you’d like, but it’s best to print and construct the box with card stock to keep it rigid.
How To Make the Message Box:
You will need to choose a free template, download and print:
- Print the template you choose onto white card-stock. If printing the Manilla box, write your “To” and “From” info before trimming and folding (in case you make a mistake in writing, you will not have already gone through all the assembly!)
- Trim out the template, cutting notches and slices where marked. Score (press deep crease with dull pointed object) along all fold lines. Scoring is essential to the success of this project!
- Fold along all scored fold lines.
- Using double-stick tape, tape under lid flap and tuck and tape side flaps of the lid as shown.
- Add double-stick tape to the inside panel, slide into position and stick.
- For the Manilla message box: Punch holes in center of reinforcement circle graphic and add an eyelet if you’d like. Cut out business card size (2″ x 3.5″) pieces of paper, cardboard, vintage ephemera, etc. and add a sentiment to each. Embellish with stickers and more.
- For the Wallpaper box: Simply cut out plain cardstock, write on each, and gather with the “Mother” wrap-around cut-out.
- Finally, tie your box with ribbon or string and send along to your Mom to let her know just how much she means to you!
BONUS… You can use this craft for other purposes!
- Fill with 30 little notes for your friend who’s turning 30. 40 for 40, etc.
- Tuck with love notes and fun messages for your husband’s birthday.
- Use as a file for business cards you pick up here and there.
- Make several boxes to organize small craft supplies.
- Before printing the wallpaper template, cover the wording with a white box to erase the type and add your own for another occasion or purpose.
- Use the basic template to create custom boxes for product packaging.
Originally published on April 29, 2009. Last Updated on May 7, 2014 by Amy Locurto