Last updated on April 18th, 2019 at 06:38 pm
I’m on my dream trip in Greece right now and happy to have Mandi share her delicious Greek Chicken Skewers and Orzo Pasta Salad recipe with you today! I love anything Greek, even more now that I’m in this beautiful country! Follow along my Greek trip on Instagram and Periscope. The scenery is unbelievable!! Enjoy this easy Greek chicken recipe!
Now that summer time is here I am always trying to find good recipes for the grill. I have three reasons for that. First the kitchen stays cooler if the oven does not have to be turned on. Second it helps with the amount of dishes that have to be washed. But the main reason is, grilling is my husband’s job! Anything I can do to get him to help in the cooking department is a bonus.
My whole family loves Greek food and these simple chicken skewers is a favorite around our house. We also love the tangy orzo salad with a side of hummus and flat bread. I recently discovered naan bread and you just can’t beat that warmed up on the grill. This chicken is perfect served alone, but is great along side grilled veggies. It would also be fantastic on a flat bread with lettuce, tomato, some feta cheese and a nice tzatziki sauce. No matter how you serve it, your hungry crowd is sure to love it.
Greek Chicken Skewers
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs oregano
- 1 Tbs rosemary
- 1Tbs thyme
- Juice from one lemon (You can even add the zest from that lemon if your are feeling ZESTY!)
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and add to your chicken. For easy clean up use a Ziploc bag.
- Coat all of the chicken, then place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Once you have let them soak up all the yummy goodness of the marinade, put each piece of chicken on a skewer. Grill on a hot grill that is between 375-400 degrees about 5 minutes per side. Make sure to cook them all the way through.
- Let the chicken cool for 5 minutes before you serve them with your orzo salad and hot flat bread and your favorite hummus!
* These would also be fantastic with veggies such as onion, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes. Just make sure to marinade them in a separate container or bag.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1lb orzo
- 2 C grape tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 7oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Cup chopped fresh basil
- 1C chopped green onion (optional)
- 1/2 pine nuts and/or sliced almonds (I like a little of both)
- 1/4C red wine vinegar
- 2T lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1t honey
- 1/2C olive oil
- dash of pepper
* Whisk everything together
Bring broth to a boil then add orzo. Cook according to directions on box, then drain and cool. Add all of the other ingredients to the orzo then add your dressing. Mix well and serve at room temperature.