Hi all! I’m Janna Wilson and I’m absolute thrilled to guest post for Amy today!
Inspired by the thought of summer vacation, I created a fun POOL PARTY INVITE that you can print and create! You’re guests will twist and shout when they receive this party invitation…literally! When you twist the beach ball, the details of your fun summer party are revealed!
First gather up your materials; you’ll need the following supplies: plain white cardstock and/or photo paper, colored cardstock, a corner punch (optional), adhesive (glue stick or double sided tape), paper trimmer, scissors and/or a circle cutter, fasteners such as brads or eyelets.
1. Print the FREE printable PDF file and trim the beach ball design from the paper just inside the yellow cutting line. (NOTE: be sure and set your printer options to “best quality” or “photo” printing for rich, vibrant color.
- TIP!! I printed the sample card on inexpensive photo paper (HP Advanced)—you’ll find that these printable projects look professional with rich, vibrant color when you use either photo paper or presentation papers such as Epson’s Premium Presentation papers.
2. Cut cardstock (I used yellow for background card) to 5 ½” x 5 ½” and punch corners with a corner rounder if desired.
3. Format text for inside of invitation on computer within a 4.7” circle and print onto white cardstock…cut the circle out. You could also just hand write the inside for a personal touch.
4. Glue the circle containing party info to the center of the 5 ½” cardstock square.
5. Place the printed beach ball design on top of the text circle –centered on the card –and fasten to the card with a brad or an eyelet.
Now, get busy making refreshments and blowing up the pool toys for your party!
Wow! Thanks for this adorable invitation Jana! Between your design and Kim’s BBQ collection, we can have the most festive end-of-summer bash! -Amy
Janna Wilson is a work and play at home wife & mama of three, crafty country gal, stitcher-sewer, jewelry maker, snap-shotter, homemaker, wannabe graphic designer, soon to be full time college student, Sunday school teacher and lover of all things crafty! Visit Janna’s blog or shop for more fun freebies and handmade goodness.
[ad#Google Ad- 200 image]
Originally published on August 5, 2010. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto