How to make edible cookie dough. This chocolate chip cookie dough with rainbow sprinkles is very easy and delicious. No eggs needed!
Easy Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
This simple Edible Cookie Dough Recipe is the perfect no bake treat! Oh my goodness, this is so good!
After a long week, my kids and I wanted to bake a big batch of my favorite soft chocolate chip cookies, but we didn’t have eggs in the house. What to do now? We did the next best thing and made this easy no bake edible cookie dough.
If you’re wanting to make a quick and easy dessert, then this is a great snack to make today!
With chocolate chips and colorful candy sprinkles you’ll be glad you can eat it right away and not have to wait for cookies to bake.
More Easy No-Bake Desserts to Try
- Chocolate OREO Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Mint Pie
- Nutella Fruit Pizza
- Unicorn Dessert Lasagna
- Bunny Cheesecake Strawberries
What You Need to Know Before Making Edible Cookie Dough
Since you aren’t baking this dough, you’ll want to kill any bacteria in your flour before making it. It’s very important to heat treat the flour before you mix all of the ingredients together.
Heating the flour to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will kill numerous strains of bacteria so you can eat this cookie dough safely.
How Do You Heat Treat Flour?
Heat treating flour so you can eat no bake edible cookie dough is super easy! All you need to do to heat treat flour is to place the flour into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for a minute.
This cookie dough comes out soft and creamy. It’s really delicious alone or with sprinkles.
I will say it’s super sweet. But that’s the best part of cookie dough right?
Of course my kids loved the added touch of rainbow candy sprinkles. Wouldn’t this make a fun birthday party snack too?
Easy Cookie Dough Recipe
I hope you enjoy this easy cookie dough recipe! We had so much fun making it. Make sure to store your cookie dough in an air tight container. We like these –> here.
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles optional
- Put the flour into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and set aside. Heating the flour to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will kill numerous strains of bacteria so you can eat this cookie dough safely.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt until combined.
- Add half of the flour and gently mix, add the rest of the flour and mix completely.
- Add the milk into the cookie dough and mix.
- With a large spoon or spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and candy sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate and eat within a week.