Homemade foaming hand soap recipe. An easy hack for how to make your own foaming soap from home. Great money saving tip and easy as 1,2,3!
Easy Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
Making your own foaming hand soap is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Seriously… it only takes three to four steps to make!
I love foaming soap and little did I know how easy it is to make. My mom told me about this quick DIY hack for making more foaming hand soap when you run out.
Don’t miss my recipe for how to make your own Homemade Hand Sanitizer.
Is Foaming Hand Soap better?
Most soap is created equal, but foaming soap may be less effective in killing bacteria than liquid soap. Foam soap comes out of the pump as a lather, whereas liquid soap lather is built up in the process of hand washing.
How do you make foaming hand soap?
All you need to refill your foaming soap is a small bit of organic dishwashing or regular liquid hand soap and water. All I had available at the time I made this was my dishwashing soap. I was desperate to fill my foaming soap container back up!
Some people who have made this foam soap, say dishwashing soap made their hands dry. If you have dry skin, make sure to use liquid soap meant for hands.
1. Fill the empty bottle 1/4 full of liquid hand soap or dishwashing soap.
2. If you have essential oils, add a few drops of your favorite scent such as lavender, peppermint or lemon. (optional step)
3. Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
4. Put the cap back on and shake.
That’s it! You might already know this easy hack, but if not, now you’ll be hooked on making your own foaming soap.
Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
- 1 Empty Foaming Soap Bottle
- 2 TBSP Liquid Soap
- 2 drops Essential Oils optional
- Fill the empty bottle 1/4 full of hand or dishwashing soap.
- If you have essential oils, add a few drops of your favorite scent such as lavender, peppermint or lemon. (optional step)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Put the cap back on and shake.
Originally Published July 9, 2013