I was excited to reveal my Silver and White Painted Christmas Tree last week for the Michaels Dream Tree Challenge. The kid’s classic Christmas tree with our family ornaments will go up later. I’m enjoying having a pretty tree just for me!
Today I’m showing you a few of my DIY ornaments and how I made them. I hope you enjoy these easy DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments!
When making ornaments, you want to have a lot to cover the entire tree, so I made mine as simple as possible so I wouldn’t be crafting for weeks!
I personally think that when it comes to Christmas tree ornaments, the larger the better. You need less, and they stand out, giving your tree a more dynamic look.
I have always loved the large paper mache star ornaments at Michaels and when I saw they were half off, I bought a bunch! But they needed a little glitter, so I did a simple craft to give them some pizzazz.
How to Make Easy DIY Paper Mache Star Ornaments
- 12″ Paper Mache Star
- Coffee Filters
- Glitter Scrapbook Paper
- 4″ Circle Paper Punch or Scissors
- Spray Glitter (optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spray glitter on your paper star and let dry
- Cut circles from your glitter paper. If you don’t have a large paper punch, use a bowl as a template to trace a circle and cut out with scissors. Now you are ready to assemble the ornament.
- Twist a coffee filter in the middle to create a flower and hot glue it to the star.
- Hot glue your paper circle over the filter.
I thought about adding a cute ornament or snowflake on top of the glitter paper, but left them simple. I decided less was better for my tree. But you could go crazy adding cool layers of paper and embellishments! There are tons of cute crafty items to choose from at Michaels!
I had some left over white sparkly leaves and decided to put them to good use with the glass ornaments!
I cut them into small pieces and stuffed inside of the ornament. Simple and they turned out really pretty! I even made the silver ornaments. I will share that craft with you another time.
I hope you enjoyed these easy to make Christmas Tree Ornaments!
See more of my tree and find out how I painted it!
About Michaels Trees
- Michaels has a large selection of pre-lit high-tip count artificial trees ranging in size from 4 ft. to 7.5 ft. and all the way up to 9 ft. They even come in different shapes, from skinny to full and in-between with some smaller trees coming in different color options.
- Each tree purchased at Michaels comes with a 5 year tree warranty and a 2 year warranty on the lights.
- Browse through the Michaels Décor Guide for tons of ideas and projects to make spreading the holiday cheer throughout your house easy!
Disclosure – I received a 7ft. pre-lit Christmas tree and gift card to participate in the Michaels Dream Tree Challenge.
Originally published on November 8, 2013. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto