Easy to make individual Crawfish Boil Cakes no-bake recipe! Simple crawfish boil party ideas. Cute dessert food ideas for kids.
Cute Crawfish Boil Cakes
I had a ton of fun at a Crawfish Boil party this weekend! As you can see, I also had fun making cute crawfish cakes too!
If you’re not from the south, or have friends from Louisiana, then you have probably never been to a crawfish boil. Let me tell you, it’s so much fun when the host dumps a giant pot of steaming hot and spicy crawfish, potatoes and corn onto a long table covered with paper. Then it’s every man, woman and child for themselves!!
This was my husband’s first boil. It was obvious when he got his leg hair singed off after walking by the cooking pots! Luckily he just lost leg hair and not skin. Then I had to giggle when he was surprised that people ate off of the table. Once someone showed him how to get the meat out of the tail, he really liked it and jumped right into the fun. My kids, not so much! ha!
I kept hearing screams from kids who were playing with the live ones and getting pinched. Who knew a crawfish boil was so dangerous?
Cute Dessert Idea
Then someone suggested cute crab cupcakes made with red icing and candy eyeballs. Those cupcakes inspired me to make these funny crawfish cakes!
How to Make Crawfish Boil Cakes
Since crawfish are more long than round, a cupcake wouldn’t work. I was going to bake brownies and cut them into rectangles. Then I lost track of time and realized I only had about an hour before the party began and I had not even gone food shopping yet! No time to bake anything. So I went to the store in search of ready-made brownies or a cake I could cut up.
Pre-made lady fingers were on sale, so I bought a few packages and figured I could make a crawfish with them. I had no idea if they would work or not. In about 20 minutes I had a huge platter full of funny crawfish cakes! They turned out so cute… everyone loved them!
These cute cakes are a fast and easy party dessert for a crawfish boil!
What you will need:
- 2 packages of ladyfingers or you could bake brownies or a cake from scratch and cut into rectangles.
- Candy Eyeballs
- Red Cake Frosting
How to make crawfish cakes:
- Cut Twizzlers to look like pinching claws. Mine were about 2″ long, I cut into one end and trimmed the edges at an angle.
- Put some icing on a lady finger and stick the licorice into the frosting. Add more icing on top of the licorice and cake.
- Add another lady finger on top of the frosting to make a sandwich.
- Add more frosting to the top and attach two candy eyeballs.
That’s it and so easy!! I hope you have fun making these crawfish cakes.
Have you ever been to a crawfish boil?
Check out my crawfish boil dessert video tutorial below and please subscribe to my Youtube Channel for more fun and simple entertaining ideas! Watch the crawfish and corn on the cob tutorial video directly on Youtube here.
Originally Published on April 22, 2013
Crawfish Boil Cakes
- 2 packages Ladyfingers (12 per pack)
- 24 Candy Eyeballs
- 1 package Twizzlers
- 1 cup Red Cake Frosting
- Cut Twizzlers to look like pinching claws. Mine were about 2" long, I cut into one end and trimmed the edges at an angle.
- Put some frosting on a lady finger and stick the licorice into the icing. Add more icing on top of the licorice and cake.
- Add another lady finger on top of the icing to make a sandwich.
- Add icing to the top and attach two candy eyeballs.