Rich and delicious Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies. With ganache topping this dessert is a chocolate lovers dream!
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies
Do you love the combination of peppermint and chocolate? Well if you do, then you will love these rich and delicious Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Cream Brownies! Pamela is back and sharing this fantastic mouth-watering recipe.
The actual brownie portion is light and fluffy like cake, while the peppermint marshmallow cream is gooey, sweet and melts in your mouth along with ganache topping. A real chocolate lovers dream dessert.
While there are a few steps to this dessert, the time spent is well worth it!
FUN TIP: Run a vegetable peeler across the side of a candy bar to create beautiful chocolate curls. I really love how these curls turned out when I used chocolate peppermint layered bars, so pretty!
I love using essential oils from Young Living when I bake. You only need a couple of drops to create the most fresh and flavorful baked goods.
Give these sweet, gooey Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Cream Brownies a try, you won’t be sorry! The recipe and printable version are below.
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
Marshmallow Cream Filling
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2-3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil from Young Living
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray
- In a bowl add butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, syrup and vanilla
- Stir in flour and salt
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes then cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 1 hour
- Whip together marshmallow cream and peppermint flavoring until incorporated
- Take brownies out of freezer, remove plastic wrap
- Pour marshmallow cream over the top of brownies while they are still in the pan
- Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the cream across the brownies for a nice even layer
- Place brownies back in freezer for 15 minutes
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt chocolate chips
- Add whipping cream and stir until incorporate
- Let cool slightly
- Take the brownies out of freezer and pour and evenly cover the marshmallow layer with ganache.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator.
- Using a vegetable peeler make chocolate curls out of mint chocolate candy bars
- Sprinkle curls over the top of brownies.
Originally published on January 11, 2016. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto