Make the Ultimate Chocolate Birthday Cake in minutes with this easy no bake dessert idea! A fun semi-homemade cake no chocolate lover could resist.
The Ultimate Chocolate Birthday Cake
Looking for a fun Chocolate birthday cake idea that’s easy to make? This simple chocolate cake is perfect for a last-minute party idea.
Make the ultimate cake with a ready made chocolate cake and decorate it with your favorite chocolate treats and cookies.
My son loves chocolate, so for his 16th birthday cake I wanted to go all out with his favorite things. His birthday is right after Christmas, which is usually a busy time when I don’t have a lot of time to party plan or bake a cake.
Buying a cake from our local bakery was the quickest thing I could do, but it wasn’t that exciting looking. I need it to be extra fun and special. That’s when I went looking around for some chocolate treats that would be perfect for decorating his cake.
You only turn 16 once and I think the cake turned out super cute. It definitely became the ultimate chocolate birthday cake!
Easy Chocolate Cake for a 16th Birthday Party
After sharing this cake on my Instagram story, so many of you sent me the sweetest messages that I thought I should put the directions on my blog. I think a lot of chocoholics would love a cake like this.
The birthday boy loved his cake and I had so much fun making it! It truly took longer to unwrap the treats than it did to decorate with them. I can’t believe he’s 16!
I hope you enjoy this simple chocolate birthday cake idea!
How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Birthday Cake
I love making easy chocolate desserts and this is one of the easiest cakes ever!
Start with a 10″ round chocolate cake. I bought one from the local grocery store bakery, but you could certainly make one. If you need a good chocolate cake recipe click here.
Don’t worry about how the cake looks, because you’ll just be covering it with goodies.
Decorating Your Chocolate Cake
Here is a photo of the chocolate treats I got for my cake.
These are most of my son’s favorite things. When decorating your own cake, be sure to get your birthday girl or guy’s favorite things.
Don’t worry about calories… they don’t count on birthdays right? Ha!
Since I had a bunch of cookies left over, after decorating the top, I stuck them on the side of the cake.
For a quick and inexpensive cake, I thought it turned out so amazing!
I hope you got some creative inspiration for your chocolate lover. If you love chocolate as much as my family, click here to follow my Chocolate Recipes board on Pinterest.
Ultimate Chocolate Birthday Cake
- 1 10" Round Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting
- 12 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8-10 OREO cookies
- 3 M&M Brownies
- 2-4 Hostess Cupcakes
- 5 Chocolate Donuts
- 2 Reese’s candy
- 5 Pocky candy
- 2-4 Wooden Skewers
- Gently scrape off a bit of chocolate frosting from the cake and place it on a plate to use as glue to hold the cookies and candy together.
- Start by adding a cupcake and press brownies and cookies around it into the cake to hold in place.
- Add 3 chocolate donuts to a skewer and place into cake.
- Add a cupcake and brownie to another skewer and place into cake.
- Stack OREO cookies in various spots using frosting to hold each one together.
- Decorate the rest of the cake top with additional treats and Pocky candy.
- Attach cookies around the edge of the cake.
- Decorate with a cake balloon and candles. Enjoy!