This delicious baked shrimp with lemon, garlic and butter is a a quick and easy oven-roasted or air fryer shrimp recipe perfect for a quick dinner.
Make this dinner quick with fresh or frozen shrimp. I’ve got tips for how to thaw frozen shrimp quickly below. Enjoy!
How to Make the EASIEST Baked Shrimp
This mouth-watering baked shrimp is on of my go-to recipes when I need a super easy homemade dinner fast! There is nothing easier than making oven-roasted shrimp.
I wish I had known how to bake shrimp when I was younger. I used to think shrimp was hard to cook, but little did I know how easy it is to bake in the oven.
Easy Baked Shrimp Dinner
With lemon slices, garlic, butter, Italian seasons and of course shrimp, you can have a tasty meal on the dinner table in minutes!
Not only is this recipe an amazing dinner, but it’s perfect for a party appetizer as well. If you do make this baked shrimp for a party, you can bet it will be the star of the evening!
What Kind of Shrimp Do You Cook in the Oven or Air fryer?
When cooking shrimp in the oven or air fryer, you’ll want large shrimp, de-veined and peeled. I used shrimp with the tails on, but you can remove them if you like.
Recommended Air Fryers
Can You Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Oven?
If you’re wondering if you can cook frozen shrimp in the oven, that’s not the best idea. Frozen shrimp needs to be completely thawed before cooking in the oven. Place frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight to thaw shrimp.
How To Quickly Thaw Frozen Shrimp
If you don’t have a night to thaw frozen shrimp, here’s a simple way you can quickly thaw it for dinner.
- Add your frozen shrimp to a large plastic zip bag.
- Add the bag of shrimp to a large bowl of cold water. Make sure the entire bag is in the water. Put a plate over the bag can help ensure this.
- After 15-20 minutes the shrimp should be fully thawed. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess water.
What is a Good Side Dish with Baked Shrimp?
You can serve this shrimp with pasta, rice, salads or your favorite vegetables. Here are a few tasty side dish ideas for you:
Doesn’t this shrimp look so amazing? It’s the perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
More Sheet Pan & Air Fryer Dinner Ideas:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
- Easy Sheet Pan Salmon
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
- Breakfast Egg Rolls
Easy Baked Shrimp (Oven or Air Fryer)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place a single layer of sliced lemons onto baking sheet.2 lemons
- After patting the shrimp dry with paper towels, place shrimp on top of the lemons in a single layer.1 pound large shrimp
- Drizzle shrimp with melted butter. (Or top with slices of butter)3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper, 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place into oven and roast until pink and cooked al the way through, about 8 minutes.
- Serve warm right away with rice, vegetables or salad.
Air Fryer Directions
- Lightly coat air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Place a single layer of sliced lemons onto the basket.
- After patting the shrimp dry with paper towels, place shrimp on top of the lemons in a single layer.
- Drizzle shrimp with melted butter. (Or top with slices of butter)
- Sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes until pink and cooked al the way through. (no need to turn)
Originally published September 5, 2019 – Updated November 2022
You Might Also Love this Easy Salmon Bake!
Originally published on November 17, 2021. Last Updated on November 17, 2021 by Amy Locurto