Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls are an easy to make low carb chicken recipe filled with pesto and cream cheese and baked until golden brown!
Low Carb Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
I love pesto sauce, especially with baked chicken! This simple recipe for crispy oven baked chicken pesto rolls is perfect for any weeknight dinner or party. Pair the pesto baked chicken rolls with your favorite salad, rice or roasted asparagus, then watch your family devour it all.
My family absolutely loves this easy baked chicken dinner idea. I love how it looks super fancy, when in reality, it’s one of the easiest chicken recipes you can make! Skip the rice for a low carb recipe and Keto diet meal. If you have picky kids like me, just make the chicken rolls with no pesto and cream cheese sauce. Your picky eaters will be happy to eat fancy rolled chicken nuggets.
Enjoy these Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls, and if you have more great chicken recipe ideas, let me know in the comments. Thanks!
Mixing two of my favorite ingredients together is so delicious! Just a few spoonfuls of pesto, cream cheese and cracked pepper adds a fresh and creamy flavor to the baked chicken rolls. It also helps keep the chicken moist while baking.
After spreading the cream cheese and pesto mixture on the chicken breasts, I like to roll my chicken, then dip into breadcrumbs and bake.
For a quick side, asparagus is wonderful drizzled in olive oil and tossed in sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast it in the oven at the same time your chicken is cooking for a perfect meal.
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place wax paper or foil over one chicken breast on a plate and beat with a rolling pin to thin even more.
- Spread a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on the chicken breast and roll it up.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Place bead crumbs in a dish.
- Use a spoon to rub some egg on the chicken roll
- Gently place the chicken roll in the breadcrumbs dish and cover entirely with the crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Add a toothpick in the middle to hold the chicken roll together.
- Repeat until all chicken breasts are in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also tag @LivingLocurto and #LivingLocurto on Instagram.
You might also like these chicken recipes!
How to cook frozen chicken breasts in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Learn the best way to get delicious juicy chicken breasts in minutes with no thawing required!
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is a perfect recipe for a quick low carb healthy family dinner!