Cute Christmas cookie sandwich made with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough in an air fryer, layered with buttercream frosting and garnished with holiday sprinkles. These air fryer cookies are easy to customize, perfect for gifting or sharing at a cookie exchange and sure to spread holiday cheer!
Air Fryer Christmas Cookie Sandwich Recipe
If you’re all about the festive Holiday vibe and looking for a hassle-free way to whip up some adorable Christmas cookie sandwiches, you’re in luck! If you enjoy store bought sugar cookie dough hacks, then you’ll love this idea.
Today, I’ll show you how to take store-bought Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, work your magic with an air fryer, and create the cutest, yummiest cookie sandwiches – perfect for gifting, a cookie exchange or impressing guests at your holiday bash.
So, gear up your baking station, get that air fryer roaring, and dive into making these irresistibly cute and downright delicious Christmas cookie sandwiches.
Whether for gifting, sharing, or just treating yourself, these festive treats are sure to be a hit. Happy baking and happy holidays!
Supplies and Ingredients You’ll Need:
Let’s kick off the holiday baking extravaganza! Here’s what you’ll need to make an easy Air Fryer Christmas Cookie Sandwich.
- Sugar Cookie Dough (Store Bought or Homemade) – If you use Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, you can get several different holiday shaped cookies, such as the Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Dough, to mix and match the dough.
- Buttercream Frosting (Store Bought or Homemade) – Add a spoonful of powdered sugar to a can of store bought frosting to make it thicker, then place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Piping Bag for Frosting
- Air Fryer – If you want to make a bigger batch, bake these cookies in the oven.
- Small Cookie Sheet– A must-have for any air fryer enthusiast is a pan that fits inside of your air fryer. If you don’t have a small cookie sheet, then parchment paper will work.
- Large Circle Cookie Cutter – The bigger the better! Using a 3″ or larger cookie cutter makes these cookie sandwiches extra fun!
- Clear Treat Bags – These are great for turning your cookies into a Christmas gift.
How to Bake Sugar Cookies in the Air Fryer
Baking store-bought or homemade sugar cookie dough is easy in the air fryer!
Preheat your air fryer to around 350°F (175°C). While it’s heating up, place your sugar cookie dough into the pan and spread the dough evenly with a glass cup or rolling pin. Mix and match holiday designs if using Pillsbury sugar cookie dough.
Now place your baking pan or parchment paper into the air fryer basket. Give them about 6-7 minutes in the air fryer, but keep an eye on them to avoid overly crispy cookies.
Once they’re golden brown and baked to perfection, take them out and let them cool a few minutes before cutting into circles. Trust me, the smell alone will make it hard to wait!
Assembling the Christmas Cookie Sandwiches
Now, let’s get to the fun part – assembling these jolly treats! Grab two cookies and starting on the edge of one of the cookies, pipe a large portion of buttercream frosting between them. The more, the merrier, am I right?
Rolling in Holiday Sprinkles
To really ramp up that holiday cheer, roll the edges of your frosting-filled cookie sandwiches in a mix of merry holiday sprinkles. The colors will pop, and each bite will feel like a festive celebration!
Packaging Cookies as Gifts
Time to show off your baking skills! Gently slip each finished cookie sandwich into a clear bag, tie it up with a festive ribbon, and voila – you’ve got yourself some adorable gifts or sweet contributions to your next Christmas party or cookie exchange.
Creating these easy-peasy Christmas cookie sandwiches with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough in an air fryer is not just a piece of cake – it’s a piece of deliciousness! They’re easy to customize, perfect for sharing, and bound to spread holiday cheer wherever they go.
Air Fryer Christmas Cookie Sandwich
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Buttercream Frosting
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). While it’s heating up, place your sugar cookie dough into a pan or parchment paper.
- Spread the dough evenly with a glass cup or rolling pin. Mix and match holiday designs if using Pillsbury sugar cookie dough.
- Place your baking pan or parchment paper into the air fryer basket. Bake for 6-7 minutes, but keep an eye on them to avoid overly crispy cookies.
- Once the cookies are golden brown, remove from air fryer and let them cool a few minutes.
- Cut into circles with a cookie cutter and place onto a flat surface or cooling rack to cool completely.
Decorating Christmas Cookie Sandwiches
- Starting on the edge of one of the cookies, pipe a large portion of buttercream frosting. To save on frosting, you don’t have to fill the inside of the cookie.
- Once done frosting, place another cookie on top to make the sandwich.
- Pour sprinkles onto a plate and gently roll the edges of your frosting-filled cookie sandwiches into the sprinkles.
- Serve or package into clear bags for gifts.