I have finally made a craft tutorial video with this cute Paper Purse! Yay! After doing a few how-to blog videos, I thought it would be fun to start doing paper crafts and party tutorials.
I’m finally getting used to TALKING to the camera, but please be patient with me on my first tutorials, as I am NOT the best at making high quality videos. You will get the idea even if the screen shakes and things look blurry at times. I hope to learn more as I go along!
Today, I will show you how to make a cute and easy paper purse craft, perfect for party favors, gift card bags or a kids craft activity. Try not to laugh too hard at my southern twang. Ha! Hope ya’ll enjoy it!
How to make an Easy Paper Purse Craft
You will need:
- 12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper (I used the rainbow chevron pattern paper and floral paper from my Rainbow Collection in the video. So cute!!)
- Toothpick (or Scoring Tool)
- Small Hole Punch
- 3″ Strip of Ribbon or Pipe Cleaners
- Embellishments, Glue Dots or Stickers (I used Paper Flowers from Pebbles.)
- Trim your paper into three 4″ wide strips.
- Flip the paper upside down to mark and score the paper starting from the right side. I used a toothpick to score the paper.
- Measurements are 1″, 3″, 2″ (this will be the bottom), 3″ and the rest will be the purse flap.
- Fold the paper and punch 2 holes into the top of the purse for the strap.
- Add ribbon into the holes for the strap. Tie a knot in the ribbon under the flap and trim off any extra.
- Trim your purse flap into a shape and add an embellishment, sticker or glue dot to hold the flap in place.
- Use a glue dot to hold a bag of goodies into the purse for party favors.
Have fun crafting!