This delicious lemon trifle recipe is a simple layered dessert you can whip up in no time! Impress your lemon lover friends with a easy to make treat made with layers of pound cake, fruit and a lemon filling mixture of yogurt, whipped cream and pudding.
A lemon trifle is filled with layers of lemony goodness that will make you smile!
This lemon trifle citrus dessert is sweet with just the right amount of tartness. It’s made with my favorite three ingredient lemon dip and so delicious! Whether you layer this dessert with raspberries, strawberries or blueberries, it will be a crowd favorite. This easy to make lemon trifle calls for only a few ingredients and can be served within minutes!
Not only is this a fantastic recipe for lemon lovers, it’s the perfect treat to serve when unexpected guests show up at your door.
I love the photos that Pamela styled for us with this recipe. They make you want to dip your spoon into the dish right away! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
The filling for this lemon trifle is actually a popular Living Locurto recipe! Easy Lemon Dip is light and fluffy and has just the right amount of lemon flavor. It’s mouth watering and oh so delicious!
Here is what you need for these Lemon Trifles:
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Cool Whip
- Instant lemon pudding
- Angel food cake or pound cake
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Lemons for garnish
- Trifle bowl
Serve it up in a large trifle serving bowl, which not only shows off the gorgeous layers, but will also feed a large crowd.
I love making individual serving trifles for parties with mason jars, stemless wine glasses, plastic cups or mini trifle bowls pictured here.
I love making this recipe with raspberries and strawberries because the red fruit really pops along side of the yellow lemon filling. And of course they create the perfect amount of tartness with the sweet lemon filling!
Bake your own pound cake or buy one already made from your grocery store. I like to buy cake, because I usually need a homemade dessert last-minute. Use angel food cake for our lemon trifle if you want something lighter.
How to make a Whipped Lemon Trifle
Step 1: Whip up a batch of easy lemon dip and placed it in a gallon sized zipper bag.
Step 2: Cut cake into bit size pieces.
Step 3: Rinse and pat dry raspberries.
Step 4: Place a layer of cake pieces in bottom of serving bowl.
Step 5: Cut the corner off of the lemon filling bag and pipe a generous amount over first layer of cake.
Step 6: Add a single layer of raspberries on top of the lemon filling layer.
Step 7: Repeat until dish is full, ending with raspberries.
Step 8: Decorate dish with a lemon slice (optional)
Keep refrigerated or eat immediately.
This dessert would be perfect for holidays, potluck parties, bridal and baby showers. Substitute the raspberries with blueberries, blackberries or strawberries as they would all taste delicious with this sweet lemon filling!
Everyone will want to try this luscious lemon trifle treat!
- 2 (5.3 oz ounce) container non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 (3.4 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pound cake cubed
- 3-4 cups fresh fruit (strawberries or raspberries)
- 2-3 Lemons sliced for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, Cool Whip and pudding mix until completely combined.
- Add lemon mixture to gallon sized zipper bags and chill.
- Slice pound cake into cubes and place a layer of cake pieces on the bottom of serving dish.
- Cut the corner off of the lemon filled bag and pipe a generous amount over first layer of cake.
- Add a single layer of raspberries or strawberries on top of the Lemon Dip.
- Repeat until dish is full, ending with fruit.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Decorate dish with a lemon slice before serving.
If baking your own pound cake, here is a good recipe to try.
If you have leftover lemon filling, use it for fruit dip!
Did you make this? Share it on Instagram with the hashtag #LivingLocurto.
You might also like these delicious desserts!