10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup is the perfect quick and easy hearty meal!
How many of you are as excited as I am that soup can finally get back on the menu? Now that it is colder outside we can bust out the comfort foods like baked potato soup to warm our bellies!
It is also the PERFECT time to use your pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, then add it to your wish list. I have the Instant Pot and it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread! I am not kidding, you won’t believe how much time it saves! No more frozen chicken nuggets on busy nights. You can literally dump a few ingredients in the pot, turn it on and have a great hot homemade meal in minutes.
Most recipes I have been making in my Instant Pot are 10 minutes or less. One of my favorite recipes is this 10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup.
The Instant Pot just made this a quick and easy weeknight meal for us. WINNING! I think it took longer to peel the potatoes than to cook the soup. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this in your slow cooker or stove top as well.
This creamy and warm cheesy baked potato soup is sure to be a new hit recipe in your house too. Not only is it super simple, but also gluten free.
How to Make 10 Minute Baked Potato Soup in an Instant Pot…
- 5 pound bag of potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large shallot minced (or 3 Tablespoons minced onion)
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup softened cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups milk (depending on how thin you want your soup)
- 1 bag of real bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion chopped for garnish
- Add the minced shallots and potatoes to an Instant Pot.
- Pour enough chicken broth in the pot to cover the potatoes. Seal the lid and cook on manual or soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, turn the valve from sealing to venting to release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and mash the potatoes. Use a potato masher or an electric hand mixer.
- Add butter, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and blend to the consistency you like best.
- Add milk to the soup.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.
Love Potato Soup but don’t have an Instant Pot? Try this delicious recipe for The Best Potato Soup!
Here’s more great Instant Pot Recipes…
You might also enjoy these Slow Cooker Dinner ideas!