Decorating pumpkins at Halloween is a favorite craft activity of mine! Would you believe me if I told you my six year old daughter made this pretty pumpkin centerpiece?
Well, believe it! She did this all by herself with a little help from me and crafts from Michaels. This is probably one of the easiest pumpkins you can make!
Here is what you need:
- 1 Craft Pumpkin from Michaels
- Sticker embellishments. We use Faux Pearl Stickers by Recollections at Michaels
- Pretty ribbon
- Bling on a Roll from Michaels (optional)
- Mod Podge (We use Wash Out for Kids Mod Podge)
- Paint Brush
Here is how she made it.
1. Put the stickers around the pumpkin in a straight line slightly higher than the center. These will go above the ribbon.
2. Cut the ribbon to the size of the pumpkin and paint the Mod Podge onto the back of the ribbon.
We moved outside because it started to get messy!
3. Make sure you paint the entire ribbon. Then stick the ribbon around the middle of the pumpkin.
4. Add the sticker embellishments under the ribbon. You might have glue handy if some fall off.
5. The pumpkin was done then, but later my daughter saw my “bling on a roll” and thought it needed some sparkle.
I thought her pumpkin turned out really pretty! I have it as a centerpiece on my kitchen table and will probably keep it there through Thanksgiving.
She is proud each time she see’s it and I was happy to have a craft for my blog! ha. I am loving my sweet little craft assistant. See more crafts that Siena came up with herself in her how to craft videos for kids.
Have you decorated pumpkins this year?
Let me know about your pumpkin crafts in the comments and leave me a link there or on my Facebook Page.
I would love to see YOUR pumpkins!